Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair

Default Sam's eBay Horror Story #1

On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 21:16:46 -0700, Louis Boyd
wrote:

I got that same email. I assumed it was another fraud scheme and
erased it.

Assumption, the mother of all screwups.

It's apparently for real. I verified that the email header looked
correct. I checked that the URL pointed to ebay.com and not somewhere
else. There was also a copy of the message in my eBay Message
mailbox. Good enough for me.

I read the instructions and manually went to My Account to register
the PIN number. Unless I totally screwed up, the procedure looked
correct. However, I'll have to wait 8 days to see if it works. So
far, eBay has not sent me a telephone number to use. I can't wait to
unload my frustrations on whomever will answer and pretend to listen.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D