Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Cooker connection ...

Arfa Daily wrote:
I'm about to get a new free-standing range cooker delivered, that's going in
place of the existing hob / oven combination. I would like to have it
removable from its space. Are flexible rubber gas supply pipes with a
detachable bayonet fitting still ok for this sort of thing ? If so, I will
insist that the gas-fitter puts one on, as I seem to recall that in the
past, they were frowned on a bit by the 'pros', although I did have that
arrangement on a cooker at a previous house, and it never caused any
problems over a number of years' service.

as far as I am aware flexi hoses are still commonly used for
free-standing cooker. Its built in hobs that need rigid piping. Make
sure your fitter fits the anti tilt device on the cooker as well.

--
Cheers,

John.