Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair
Salmon Egg Salmon Egg is offline

Default Sam's eBay Horror Story #1

The Ebay/Paypal combo is invested with too much power. I bought was two
eight-foot lengths of aluminum channel. Instead, I received four
four-foot lengths. EPal, in their wisdom declared that the purchase was
substantially as advertised. That would be the equivalent, for my
purposes, to ordering a two inch laser rod and getting two one-inch
rods, or a two-carat diamond and getting two one-carat diamonds.

As far as I can tell, there is no practical avenue of appeal.
Fortunately not much money was involved. As a consequence I have bought
little off of Ebay since.

Bill