Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default I got to touch and feel it!

"marc rosen" wrote in message
Hey Leon,
I got a chance to demo the Kpax today and was imediately impressed.
Woodcraft Towson MD had on set up next to another MFT bearing the
plunge cut saw. It was a very nice looking work station serviced by a
CT22. I made several crosscuts of 1x6 walnut. What was most
impressive was the saw blade disappeared into the wood with no
increase in sound. My RAS (40 year old Craftsman with a Freud blade)
and 10 inch SCMS (a 15 year old Makita , similar blade) make a lot of
noise on the own, but when their blades contact wood they are much
noisier. I could carry on a conversation with the sales folks while I
was cutting.
That saw really made me think. Of course, the price tag made me think
clearly.
Anyway, it may never end up in my shop but it certainly looks like it
will live up to its expectations.
Marc

It is a nice saw, and yeah it is quiet, especially when releasing the switch
and the brake kicks in. My Delta will almost blow your ear drums.