Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Tom is offline

Default Bayonet ID

Ignoramus21192 wrote:

On 2008-06-08, Tom wrote:

Ignoramus21192 wrote:

Anyone knows what gun is this bayonet for?

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Bayonet/

Also, there is some sort of etching on the rear of the handle, covered
by rust. Is there some way to clean off rust without destroying
etching?

Austro=Hungarian Mannlicher Carbine,
Bajonett M95, NCO's Pattern for Stutzen M95.

Tom this is great. I think that your guess may be close, but it may be
not exactly?

Here's the pic:

http://www.geocities.com/alancook.geo/m95bayonet.jpg

its hand guard is a little different.

I think that this may be a diff. kind of m95 bayonet.

Here's another cool page

http://www.sunblest.net/gun/Mann95.htm

and a picture

http://www.sunblest.net/gun/img/Mann95bayo1.jpg

this matches my bayonet perfectly!!!!

Thanks a lot!

My bayonet has no markings, except possibly etchings on the back,
where there is some rust covering it. So it may even be counterfeit.

Tom

So now you're an expert based on someone's generic description
of a M95 bayonet?
I think you'll find my description a bit more specific.
There were at least 4 variations on the M95 bayonet.

Tom