Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser Sam Goldwasser is offline

Default Sam's eBay Horror Story #1

There's something very strange I just came across.

One eBay member whose ID I won't make public here has a 53 Feedback rating,
100 percent positive.

But looking at his Feedback listings, 6 out of those 53 people he either
bought from or sold to who gave him Feedback are now "no longer registered
users", a.k.a. have had their accounts suspended.

I had emailed him about shipping on one of his auctions and received
a reply only long after the auction closed, on June 2. I presume that
emailing via the eBay form would include some information on my address
so he could calculate shipping if needed, in other words, contact
information that might be used to try to open a new account.

And for those saying it was phishing again, there were no links in the email.

Contact me off this forum if you'd like more details.