Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus21192 Ignoramus21192 is offline

Default Bayonet ID

On 2008-06-08, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:
On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 18:54:56 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
Ignoramus21192 quickly quoth:

On 2008-06-07, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus21192 wrote:

Anyone knows what gun is this bayonet for?

I have a few bayonets but I don't recognize that one.

Basically, this bayonet is very sturdy and I wanted to find out if I
can sharpen its blade so that it could be usable as a general purpose
knife, to keep close to me in my truck. Just in case.

I'll bet the Chitown PD (you're up there somewhere, right?) love
things like that, especially if you conceal 'em. wink

Also, does it need to be wet sharpened or a regular bench grinder is
OK?

Now THAT is the most obvious troll I've seen you pull in a while,
Iggy. Get yourself a set of DMT diamond paddles. They're great for
this kind of thing.

http://tinyurl.com/6d45tb or similar. They'll last a lifetime.
I keep a 6" DMT 600 grit diamond plate in the kitchen for my pocket
and kitchen knives, shop bench planes, etc. The paddle kit stays with
me in the truck for sharpening whatever wherever.

I forgot that I had those paddles. Sorry. That is definitely a god
idea.

Alas, you're married, or I'd tell you the girlfriend advantage.
(Sharpening their knives brings you soft and warm goodness.)

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/