Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default Chicom Pellet rifle rear sight needed

On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 21:19:29 GMT, Trevor Jones
wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 22:31:22 GMT, Trevor Jones
wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Ill be checking this weekend. The weekend I got it I simply stuck it
in a corner and went out and sighted in the 39 Marlin that I got some
months ago and had installed a Lyman peep sight on.

Shoots as well as I remembered they did. VBG!!!

Did you get one of the ones with the micro-groove rifling, or did you
get one of the good ones from before that came along? :-)

Microgroove, which for 22s is marvelous. DIdnt work so well with my
1895 45-70 and cast bullets though. Even cast Hard

I spent a lot of time packing an early Marlin 39 around the hills of
my home area!

Long barrel, peep sight on that one, too.

Too bad it was lost in a fire.

Mine is the "Mounty" Irrc.

Yeah. Micro groove os OK for the rimfires. :-)

The 39 Mountie models are pretty sweet. About the only thing I have
that genuinely amounts to a bad thing to say about the model 39 is that
you can make a mess of your trigger finger, catching it between the
lever and the tip of the trigger, if you get a little too enthused about
a fast follow up shot. That one hurt for a long time!

But I figure I put nearly my body weight in 22 shells though that old
Marlin that I was using (it was not mine, but my step fathers)and it
never missed a beat.

And accurate!

Cheers
Trevor Jones

Ive got one of the Browning BLR-22s, little bity thing..light, fast as
hell, short stroke lever using a rack and pinion to operate the
action, I can get multiple hits on thrown aerial targets with it...but
it just doesnt feel as good as a 39

Gunner