Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair
anorton anorton is offline

Default Sam's eBay Horror Story #1

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
I have been a member in good standing with eBay since 1999. As readers
of Sam's Laser FAQ are probably aware, I have acquired a large number of
lasers and related items on eBay, most at bargain basement prices. All in
all I have been very satisfied with the eBay experience. Until now.

For a blow-by-blow saga of what I'm experiencing now, please go to

http://repairfaq.cis.upenn.edu/Misc/ebayhorror1.htm

I will be updating this as it plays out. I expect the outcome to be
satisfactory, but the route it's taking is like one of those nightmares
where you're trapped on a 15 dimensional mobius strip.

Comments welcome!

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above
is
ignored unless my full name AND either lasers or electronics is included
in the

Interesting. I was in the middle of a (small) transaction with a longtime
reputable seller whose account was then suspended the same day as yours.
Maybe a hacker has figured out how to fool their screening program to create
havoc. For example, If he creates an account using your address, then is
suspended for behaving badly, his account would be linked to yours because
of the same address.

--
Adam Norton

(Remove antispam feature before replying)