Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default OT - Need Source for Long Elevator Bolts

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
Thanks, but unless I'm looking at the wrong type of plow bolt, they
are not the same.

Compare the heads of the bolts in this picture. I need the flat head
to be flush with the surface when drawn tight. It looks like the plow
bolt would produce a result similiar to a carriage bolt - a bump if
the head is not drawn flush and an indentation around the head if it
is.

Can you not just file or grind down the head of a carriage bolt so it's
close to what you're looking for? You could do the essentially the same to a
regular headed bolt too. If you need the thick neck that carriage bolts have
to hold it place, then you could use a fully threaded bolt and just add a
nut screwed on all the way.