Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair
Stephen D. Barnes Stephen D. Barnes is offline

Default Please need help about 2708 eprom...

Robert Baer wrote:
JA wrote:

hi guys!
I need to have an obsolete 2708 eprom programmer-reader..
It's very difficult to find modern eprom programmers that do this!
I have buyed a willeim but it does everithing but 2708!!
Well if it's possible i would make one.
I'm very good skinned as electronic handy man , but i can't know how
to make it.
Can someone help me?
And if someone got an old eprom programmer let me know!

I have a BK model 840 universal E(E)PROM programmer and external "pod"
where the EPROM plugs in.
I have the software onmy HD which i can copy to a floppy or CD; i
might have the original floppy(ies) but cannot say without looking.
You will need an older computer with at least one ISA bus for the card.
It is capable of programming a large number of device types made by a
goodly number of makers.
I have never had any trouble with it and fully expect it to be in
brand-new condition, even tho i had used it a number of times.
E-mail me if interested.

I would bet he's working on an arcade video game system.
They used this eprom as what was called the "personality
module" back in the day!