Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

Default Please need help about 2708 eprom...

hi guys!
I need to have an obsolete 2708 eprom programmer-reader..
It's very difficult to find modern eprom programmers that do this!
I have buyed a willeim but it does everithing but 2708!!
Well if it's possible i would make one.
I'm very good skinned as electronic handy man , but i can't know how to make
it.
Can someone help me?
And if someone got an old eprom programmer let me know!

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money" ;-P

hi guys!
I need to have an obsolete 2708 eprom programmer-reader..
It's very difficult to find modern eprom programmers that do this!
I have buyed a willeim but it does everithing but 2708!!
Well if it's possible i would make one.
I'm very good skinned as electronic handy man , but i can't know how to make
it.
Can someone help me?
And if someone got an old eprom programmer let me know!

Try googling for 2708's. There is stuff out there, a lot of arcade game
sites talk about reading rom images, maybe someone in that field can
help out. An old type that might work are the Data I/O models.

Also;
The Dataman page says theirs do 2708's. Very pricey. I would research
all models that claim to do 2708's and go to e-bay and pick up a unit.

http://www.dataman.com/eprom-programmer.aspx

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money" ;-P

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

"RFI-EMI-GUY" ha scritto nel messaggio
I need to have an obsolete 2708 eprom programmer-reader..

Try googling for 2708's.

Yes i'm doing this in the last 2 months!

Also;
The Dataman page says theirs do 2708's. Very pricey. I would research all
models that claim to do 2708's and go to e-bay and pick up a unit.

Exaclty! I'm monitorizing ebay.com ebay.de ebay.fr and ebay.it

But no luck, just modern type eprom , from 2716 and up!

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair
CJT CJT is offline

JA wrote:

hi guys!
I need to have an obsolete 2708 eprom programmer-reader..
It's very difficult to find modern eprom programmers that do this!
I have buyed a willeim but it does everithing but 2708!!
Well if it's possible i would make one.
I'm very good skinned as electronic handy man , but i can't know how to make
it.
Can someone help me?
And if someone got an old eprom programmer let me know!

I think Needham's used to make a reasonably priced programmer. You can
probably find one on eBay if you watch for a while.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair
CJT CJT is offline

JA wrote:

"RFI-EMI-GUY" ha scritto nel messaggio

I need to have an obsolete 2708 eprom programmer-reader..

Try googling for 2708's.

Yes i'm doing this in the last 2 months!

Also;
The Dataman page says theirs do 2708's. Very pricey. I would research all
models that claim to do 2708's and go to e-bay and pick up a unit.

Exaclty! I'm monitorizing ebay.com ebay.de ebay.fr and ebay.it

But no luck, just modern type eprom , from 2716 and up!

The fifth post here may shed some light on why:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index...owtopic=108781

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

"CJT" wrote in message
JA wrote:

hi guys!
I need to have an obsolete 2708 eprom programmer-reader..
It's very difficult to find modern eprom programmers that do this!
I have buyed a willeim but it does everithing but 2708!!
Well if it's possible i would make one.
I'm very good skinned as electronic handy man , but i can't know how to make
it.
Can someone help me?
And if someone got an old eprom programmer let me know!

I think Needham's used to make a reasonably priced programmer. You can
probably find one on eBay if you watch for a while.

The Andromeda Research EPROM+ programmer can handle the 2708. Price is
reasonable at US $289 plus shipping. http://www.arlabs.com/
It's a versatile unit; handles a pretty good selection of Eproms, Proms,
EEproms, Serial EEproms, etc.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Experience: What you get when you don't get what you want

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

JA wrote:
"RFI-EMI-GUY" ha scritto nel messaggio
I need to have an obsolete 2708 eprom programmer-reader..

Try googling for 2708's.

Yes i'm doing this in the last 2 months!

Also;
The Dataman page says theirs do 2708's. Very pricey. I would research all
models that claim to do 2708's and go to e-bay and pick up a unit.

Exaclty! I'm monitorizing ebay.com ebay.de ebay.fr and ebay.it

But no luck, just modern type eprom , from 2716 and up!

Willem might work if you make up an adapter to supply the -5V and
translate the pins.

You also may be able to adapt a more modern eprom to the task, I've done
this with RAM chips, disconnecting the -5V and adding a jumper to make
newer 4164 RAM chips work in place of the original chips on Williams
game boards. I've adapted Dallas battery backed SRAMs to replace various
obsolete writable memory chips too.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

CJT wrote:

JA wrote:

I need to have an obsolete 2708 eprom programmer-reader..
It's very difficult to find modern eprom programmers that do this!
I have buyed a willeim but it does everithing but 2708!!
Well if it's possible i would make one.
I'm very good skinned as electronic handy man , but i can't know how to make
it.
Can someone help me?
And if someone got an old eprom programmer let me know!

I think Needham's used to make a reasonably priced programmer. You can
probably find one on eBay if you watch for a while.

I have a Needham's PB-10 here. Not sure if it reads 2708s and the Needham's site
isn't responding. I haven't got the software installed on this PC but I do have it
elsewhere.

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair
mpm mpm is offline

On Jun 4, 9:40�pm, "JA" formula1vhs@ TOGLIMI hotmail.com wrote:
hi guys!
I need to have an obsolete 2708 eprom programmer-reader..
It's very difficult to find modern eprom programmers that do this!
I have buyed a willeim but it does everithing but 2708!!
Well if it's possible i would make one.
I'm very good skinned as electronic handy man , but i can't know how to make
it.
Can someone help me?
And if someone got an old eprom programmer let me know!

Can't you just cobble up an adapter to treat your 2708 as if it were a
larger memory device.
So what if the high read addresses come us as "00" or "FF" Hex.
Just edit it with a text editor. Or am I missing something here?

-mpm

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair
isw isw is offline

In article ,
"JA" formula1vhs@ TOGLIMI hotmail.com wrote:

"RFI-EMI-GUY" ha scritto nel messaggio
I need to have an obsolete 2708 eprom programmer-reader..

Try googling for 2708's.

Yes i'm doing this in the last 2 months!

Also;
The Dataman page says theirs do 2708's. Very pricey. I would research all
models that claim to do 2708's and go to e-bay and pick up a unit.

Exaclty! I'm monitorizing ebay.com ebay.de ebay.fr and ebay.it

But no luck, just modern type eprom , from 2716 and up!

The pinout is very nearly the same; I don't think it'd be all the
difficult to sub in a 2716.

Isaac
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

"JA" formula1vhs@ TOGLIMI hotmail.com wrote in message
hi guys!
I need to have an obsolete 2708 eprom programmer-reader..
It's very difficult to find modern eprom programmers that do this!
I have buyed a willeim but it does everithing but 2708!!
Well if it's possible i would make one.
I'm very good skinned as electronic handy man , but i can't know how to
make it.
Can someone help me?
And if someone got an old eprom programmer let me know!

1. to get the code from the 2708 send it to someone and get the HEX file
back, you don't need to buy a vintage programmer then.
2. use a 2716 in an adapter socket to replace it, ground the 2716's highest
address pin.

Unless you really want to keep it 'vintage'...

Arie de Muynck

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 4, 10:09*pm, "Arie" wrote:
"JA" formula1vhs@ TOGLIMI hotmail.com wrote in t...

hi guys!
I need to have an obsolete 2708 eprom programmer-reader..
It's very difficult to find modern eprom programmers that do this!
I have buyed a willeim but it does everithing but 2708!!
Well if it's possible i would make one.
I'm very good skinned as electronic handy man , but i can't know how to
make it.
Can someone help me?
And if someone got an old eprom programmer let me know!

1. to get the code from the 2708 send it to someone and get the HEX file
back, you don't need to buy a vintage programmer then.
2. use a 2716 in an adapter socket to replace it, ground the 2716's highest
address pin.

Unless you really want to keep it 'vintage'...

Arie de Muynck

Better. Put the data in 2 blocks both 0-1K and 1K to 2K so it doesn't
matter if the MSB is hi or low.

GG
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

Eeyore wrote:

CJT wrote:

JA wrote:

I need to have an obsolete 2708 eprom programmer-reader..
It's very difficult to find modern eprom programmers that do this!
I have buyed a willeim but it does everithing but 2708!!
Well if it's possible i would make one.
I'm very good skinned as electronic handy man , but i can't know how to make
it.
Can someone help me?
And if someone got an old eprom programmer let me know!

I think Needham's used to make a reasonably priced programmer. You can
probably find one on eBay if you watch for a while.

I have a Needham's PB-10 here. Not sure if it reads 2708s and the Needham's site
isn't responding. I haven't got the software installed on this PC but I do have it
elsewhere.

It only goes as low as 2716s.

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

2708
1kx8 EPROM.
Requires -5, +5 and +12V.

+-----+--+-----+
A7 |1 +--+ 24| VCC
A6 |2 23| A8
A5 |3 22| A9
A4 |4 21| VEE
A3 |5 20| /CE
A2 |6 19| VDD
A1 |7 2708 18| PRGM
A0 |8 17| D7
D0 |9 16| D6
D1 |10 15| D5
D2 |11 14| D4
GND |12 13| D3
+--------------+

2716
2kx8 EPROM.

+-----+--+-----+
A7 |1 +--+ 24| VCC
A6 |2 23| A8
A5 |3 22| A9
A4 |4 21| VPP
A3 |5 20| /OE
A2 |6 19| A10
A1 |7 2716 18| /CE
A0 |8 17| D7
D0 |9 16| D6
D1 |10 15| D5
D2 |11 14| D4
GND |12 13| D3
+--------------+

I remembered this little catch +5,-5,+12V.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 4, 9:40 pm, "JA" formula1vhs@ TOGLIMI hotmail.com wrote:
hi guys!
I need to have an obsolete 2708 eprom programmer-reader..
It's very difficult to find modern eprom programmers that do this!
I have buyed a willeim but it does everithing but 2708!!
Well if it's possible i would make one.
I'm very good skinned as electronic handy man , but i can't know how to make
it.
Can someone help me?
And if someone got an old eprom programmer let me know!

The 2708 requires two additional supply voltages, +12 and -5 in
addition to the +5 required by 2716 onwards. That's probably why most
programmers don't support it.

Should not be hard to make one though - I made a 2716 programmer in
high school, and you could probably do a 2708 if you got the extra
voltages. I used an 8255 I/O chip wired into an expansion memory
socket on my Z80 computer; but you could also hang the 8255 off a
parallel port as an I/O expander. Either that, or get a USB-connected
microcontroller with enough I/O pins. For programming you'll need a
VPP supply and something that can generate a pulse of the right width
- back then I didn't want to trust software timing, today you might.
Or you could use a 2716 in an adapter as the replacement and only have
to worry about accomplishing the readout.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

In article "JA" formula1vhs@ TOGLIMI hotmail.com writes:
hi guys!
I need to have an obsolete 2708 eprom programmer-reader..
It's very difficult to find modern eprom programmers that do this!
I have buyed a willeim but it does everithing but 2708!!
Well if it's possible i would make one.
I'm very good skinned as electronic handy man , but i can't know how to make
it.
Can someone help me?
And if someone got an old eprom programmer let me know!

I have S-100 microcomputers capable of reading and writing 2708s. A couple
of them actually boot into monitors stored on 2708s. Not willing to sell,
but if you are in the Washington, DC area, I would be happy to dump and/or
program some for you. email me if interested.

Bill Sudbrink

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 01:40:38 GMT, "JA" formula1vhs@ TOGLIMI
hotmail.com wrote:

hi guys!
I need to have an obsolete 2708 eprom programmer-reader..
It's very difficult to find modern eprom programmers that do this!
I have buyed a willeim but it does everithing but 2708!!
Well if it's possible i would make one.
I'm very good skinned as electronic handy man , but i can't know how to make
it.
Can someone help me?
And if someone got an old eprom programmer let me know!

The 2708 is similar to larger, newer EPROMs except for the extra
supply voltages, for reading.

However, IIRC, it uses a different programming algorithm where you are
supposed to cycle through the entire memory a number of times.

This thing is pretty old, thirty-plus years.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

"DaveM" ha scritto nel messaggio
. ..

The Andromeda Research EPROM+ programmer can handle the 2708. Price is
reasonable at US $289 plus shipping.

Fantastic work! I have contacted them!
I think that i will buy this!

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

2. use a 2716 in an adapter socket to replace it, ground the 2716's
highest
address pin.
Unless you really want to keep it 'vintage'...

Yes , that's the point, i don't wanna to modify all my equipement!

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

On a sunny day (Thu, 05 Jun 2008 19:00:46 GMT) it happened "JA" formula1vhs@
TOGLIMI hotmail.com wrote in :

"DaveM" ha scritto nel messaggio

The Andromeda Research EPROM+ programmer can handle the 2708. Price is
reasonable at US $289 plus shipping.

Fantastic work! I have contacted them!
I think that i will buy this!

Would it not be a lot cheaper to make a little plug in board with for example a 2716?
These once existed with SRAM and battery too IIRC.
Depends on how many EPROMS of that pre-historic age you need to replace.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

Spehro Pefhany wrote:
The 2708 is similar to larger, newer EPROMs
except for the extra supply voltages, for reading.

However, IIRC, it uses a different programming algorithm
where you are supposed to cycle through the entire memory
a number of times.

The differences between the 2708 EPROM
and the next device in the series:

2708 2716
+----\/----+ ---+
1 |A7 24| VCC | VCC
2 |A6 23| A8 | A8
3 |A5 22| A9 | A9
4 |A4 21| VBB | VPP (-5V on 2708)
5 |A3 20| WE/CS | /OE
6 |A2 19| VDD | A10 (-12V on 2708)
7 |A1 18| VPP | /CE
8 |A0 17| D7 | D7
9 |D0 16| D6 | D6
10 |D1 15| D5 | D5
11 |D2 14| D4 | D4
12 |GND 13| D3 | D3
+----------+ ---+

ASCII pinouts from:
http://www.embeddedlinks.com/chipdir/giicm/2716.txt
http://www.embeddedlinks.com/chipdir/giicm/2708.txt

2708 2716
+--------\/--------+ +--------------+
1 -|a7 vcc|- 24 A7 |1 +--+ 24| VCC
2 -|a6 a8|- 23 A6 |2 23| A8
3 -|a5 a9|- 22 A5 |3 22| A9
4 -|a4 vbb|- 21 A4 |4 21| VPP
5 -|a3 we/cs|- 20 A3 |5 20| /OE
6 -|a2 2708 vdd|- 19 A2 |6 19| A10
7 -|a1 program|- 18 A1 |7 2716 18| /CE
8 -|a0 o7|- 17 A0 |8 17| D7
9 -|o0 o6|- 16 D0 |9 16| D6
10 -|o1 o5|- 15 D1 |10 15| D5
11 -|o2 o4|- 14 D2 |11 14| D4
12 -|gnd o3|- 13 GND |12 13| D3
+------------------+ +--------------+
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 01:40:38 +0000, JA wrote:

hi guys!
I need to have an obsolete 2708 eprom programmer-reader.. It's very
difficult to find modern eprom programmers that do this! I have buyed a
willeim but it does everithing but 2708!! Well if it's possible i would
make one. I'm very good skinned as electronic handy man , but i can't know
how to make it.
Can someone help me?
And if someone got an old eprom programmer let me know!

Are you stuck with the three-supply 2708? They're a nightmare to program,
unless you have the programmer; I wouldn't recommend trying to build one.

Why not pick a 1KX8 chip that's a little more modern, like flash? I hear
they're relatively easy to program; you could use a bigger one by just
ignoring part of the address space.

Tood Luck!
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 02:17:01 +0000, JA wrote:
"RFI-EMI-GUY" ha scritto nel messaggio
I need to have an obsolete 2708 eprom programmer-reader..

Try googling for 2708's.

Yes i'm doing this in the last 2 months!

Also;
The Dataman page says theirs do 2708's. Very pricey. I would research
all models that claim to do 2708's and go to e-bay and pick up a unit.

Exaclty! I'm monitorizing ebay.com ebay.de ebay.fr and ebay.it

But no luck, just modern type eprom , from 2716 and up!

This doesn't make any sense. Are you _specifying_ a PROM, or are you
stuck with the ones you have on hand?

Otherwise, why would you want to buy such an old clunker of a chip?

School assignment? :-

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

Rich Grise wrote:
On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 02:17:01 +0000, JA wrote:
"RFI-EMI-GUY" ha scritto nel messaggio
I need to have an obsolete 2708 eprom programmer-reader..
Try googling for 2708's.

Yes i'm doing this in the last 2 months!

Also;
The Dataman page says theirs do 2708's. Very pricey. I would research
all models that claim to do 2708's and go to e-bay and pick up a unit.

Exaclty! I'm monitorizing ebay.com ebay.de ebay.fr and ebay.it

But no luck, just modern type eprom , from 2716 and up!

This doesn't make any sense. Are you _specifying_ a PROM, or are you
stuck with the ones you have on hand?

Otherwise, why would you want to buy such an old clunker of a chip?

School assignment? :-

Thanks,
Rich

He's obviously repairing some piece of old equipment.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

CJT wrote:
JA wrote:

hi guys!
I need to have an obsolete 2708 eprom programmer-reader..
It's very difficult to find modern eprom programmers that do this!
I have buyed a willeim but it does everithing but 2708!!
Well if it's possible i would make one.
I'm very good skinned as electronic handy man , but i can't know how
to make it.
Can someone help me?
And if someone got an old eprom programmer let me know!

I think Needham's used to make a reasonably priced programmer. You can
probably find one on eBay if you watch for a while.

I've got an old one (Needham).
Where does it have to go to?

--
Dirk

Remote Viewing classes in London
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

JA wrote:

hi guys!
I need to have an obsolete 2708 eprom programmer-reader..
It's very difficult to find modern eprom programmers that do this!
I have buyed a willeim but it does everithing but 2708!!
Well if it's possible i would make one.
I'm very good skinned as electronic handy man , but i can't know how to make
it.
Can someone help me?
And if someone got an old eprom programmer let me know!

I have a BK model 840 universal E(E)PROM programmer and external
"pod" where the EPROM plugs in.
I have the software onmy HD which i can copy to a floppy or CD; i
might have the original floppy(ies) but cannot say without looking.
You will need an older computer with at least one ISA bus for the card.
It is capable of programming a large number of device types made by a
goodly number of makers.
I have never had any trouble with it and fully expect it to be in
brand-new condition, even tho i had used it a number of times.
E-mail me if interested.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

Robert Baer wrote:
JA wrote:

[...]

I would bet he's working on an arcade video game system.
They used this eprom as what was called the "personality
module" back in the day!
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

Stephen D. Barnes wrote:
Robert Baer wrote:
JA wrote:

[...]

I've never heard them called personality modules, just logic boards,
game boards, etc. Most classic games were designed on a hardware
platform unique to that game, and only a few very early ones used
something as old as the 2708. By the the time the arcade boom came
along, 2716s, 2732s, and 2764s were dominant. I've got a whole basement
full of them and have been repairing them for years so I'm pretty
familiar with the hardware.

Lots of assorted equipment made in the early to mid 70s used eproms
though. Plenty of early mini and microcomputers.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 20:49:25 -0700 (PDT), mpm
wrote:

On Jun 4, 9:40?pm, "JA" formula1vhs@ TOGLIMI hotmail.com wrote:
hi guys!
I need to have an obsolete 2708 eprom programmer-reader..
It's very difficult to find modern eprom programmers that do this!
I have buyed a willeim but it does everithing but 2708!!
Well if it's possible i would make one.
I'm very good skinned as electronic handy man , but i can't know how to make
it.
Can someone help me?
And if someone got an old eprom programmer let me know!

Can't you just cobble up an adapter to treat your 2708 as if it were a
larger memory device.
So what if the high read addresses come us as "00" or "FF" Hex.
Just edit it with a text editor. Or am I missing something here?

-mpm

That is one of the few things that will not work, the -5V supply is
required. But then, a widget to make a 2708 look like a broken
2716 is possible.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

James Sweet wrote:

Stephen D. Barnes wrote:
Robert Baer wrote:
JA wrote:

[...]

Early Zaccaria pinball machines used five of the 2708 chips
and a reference to SOL 20 microcomputer "personality
module", in which the 2708 is used can be found here
http://www.sol20.org/manuals/sect-iv.pdf.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

Stephen D. Barnes wrote:
James Sweet wrote:

Stephen D. Barnes wrote:
Robert Baer wrote:
JA wrote:

[...]

Pinball machines are a different animal, I haven't spent much time
working on them, and my only experience is with earlier
electromechanical and more recent solid state, never any of the early
solid state.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

"Bill Sudbrink" ha scritto nel messaggio
I have S-100 microcomputers capable of reading and writing 2708s. A
couple

of them actually boot into monitors stored on 2708s. Not willing to sell,
but if you are in the Washington, DC area, I would be happy to dump and/or
program some for you. email me if interested.

Bill Sudbrink

Thank you bill! But i'm located in europe!! You're a nice friend!

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 4, 6:40*pm, "JA" formula1vhs@ TOGLIMI hotmail.com wrote:
hi guys!
I need to have an obsolete 2708 eprom programmer-reader..
It's very difficult to find modern eprom programmers that do this!
I have buyed a willeim but it does everithing but 2708!!
Well if it's possible i would make one.
I'm very good skinned as electronic handy man , but i can't know how to make
it.
Can someone help me?
And if someone got an old eprom programmer let me know!

The old Needhams PB10 programmer will work but requires an ISA slot on
the computer so newer computers can not be used for the PB10. I ran
into a similar situation but was trying to read and program 1702A
eproms. I ended up getting a Data I/O model 29B programmer (think the
model 22 will work too) on ebay. The programmers were cheap but if
getting them on ebay buyer beware. Anyway the Data I/O 29 and 22's
will read and program the 2708 and others provided that you have the
correct personality module. My 29B has the Unipack which has sevaral
different sockets that allow me to read various chips. You have to
set up the programmer for the chip you are reading and then put it in
the correct socket. If your computer has a serial port then you can
upload the hex file for the chip that you just read to your computer
and program other chips. If that is not an option then you might read
the 2708 then program a newer chip (like a 2716) and then read that on
a programmer that does talk to your computer as 2716 programmers were
very popular as DIY projects in the late 70's and through the 80's and
most programmers read the 2716 and up.

I hope that helps.

Eprom help. David Farber Electronics Repair 0 December 2nd 05 01:19 AM
2708 and 1702 EPROM reader / programmer David Winter Electronics 5 November 10th 05 11:51 PM
2532 EPROM to 2732 EPROM Steve Lewinsky Electronics 1 January 23rd 05 08:28 PM
Eprom Jonesy82 Electronics Repair 0 November 25th 04 05:55 AM
FA: Needham's EMP-20 EPROM Burner / Datarase EPROM Eraser ottodog Electronics 0 June 27th 03 03:42 AM