Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RAM³ RAM³ is offline

Default Chicom Pellet rifle rear sight needed

Trevor Jones wrote in news:_OZ1k.1311$Gn.572
@edtnps92:

Gunner wrote:

Ill be checking this weekend. The weekend I got it I simply stuck it
in a corner and went out and sighted in the 39 Marlin that I got some
months ago and had installed a Lyman peep sight on.

Shoots as well as I remembered they did. VBG!!!

Did you get one of the ones with the micro-groove rifling, or did you
get one of the good ones from before that came along? :-)

I spent a lot of time packing an early Marlin 39 around the hills of
my home area!

Long barrel, peep sight on that one, too.

Too bad it was lost in a fire.

Once you have some idea of the markings, you will be able to sort out
your needs pretty quick.
IIRC the rear sight on most of the Chinese airguns is more a sheet
metal bending job, than a machine shop job. Whacking a dovetail on so it
will take a ghost ring type rear peep or a peep for a 22 would be pretty
easy, though.

Cheers
Trevor Jones

He may have minor difficulties with the pot metal that's often used for
their receivers...