Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default Please need help about 2708 eprom...

On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 01:40:38 +0000, JA wrote:

hi guys!
I need to have an obsolete 2708 eprom programmer-reader.. It's very
difficult to find modern eprom programmers that do this! I have buyed a
willeim but it does everithing but 2708!! Well if it's possible i would
make one. I'm very good skinned as electronic handy man , but i can't know
how to make it.
Can someone help me?
And if someone got an old eprom programmer let me know!

Are you stuck with the three-supply 2708? They're a nightmare to program,
unless you have the programmer; I wouldn't recommend trying to build one.

Why not pick a 1KX8 chip that's a little more modern, like flash? I hear
they're relatively easy to program; you could use a bigger one by just
ignoring part of the address space.

Tood Luck!
Rich