Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Self Charlie Self is offline

Default We've Come a LONG Way

On Jun 5, 7:53 am, "Leon" wrote:
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

news:u4J1k.39822$yg6.17752@trnddc01...

Yesterday's events served to document how far we have come as a people.

A woman and a black(mulatto) man seeking the highest office in the USA.

Have we forgotten Jessie Jackson running for president and or was it Al
Sharpton? Geraldine Ferarro?

None were truly viable candidates. Jesse Jackson? A no chancer, but
maybe, and I emphasize maybe, one who was necessary to the process of
getting Obama nominated as a candidate for a major party. I seem to
recall Ferraro going for VP, but my memory could be off a bit.
Sharpton? Tawana Brawley's protector? If he put a hat on all the
grease in his hair and mind would cause it to slide to whatever coast
was furthest.