Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: We've Come a LONG Way

On Jun 5, 7:20 am, (Ross Hebeisen) wrote:
Your point is take'n Lew and I like to look for something good in things
also, however as far as what has really been accomplished from the state
we are now in Porky Pig could have been a valid contender, now that
would have been different. sorry Lew.
ross

I saw James Carvelle, the Demo bulldog on Letterman many months ago,
probably around Thanksgiving.

He felt like the Dems in the white house was an absolute "given".
After all, with the current administration's poor popularity rating
being as low as it has been for so long, with the economy really just
starting to tank, and with the price of fuel going where it has, and
with the rumblings of "The Surge" starting, he opined that it should
be like shooting fish in a barrel.

In keeping with that, you can see how the above concerns (plus many
others) has intensified enormously.

Carvelle later opined (paraphrased by me) "if the Democrats can't put
a candidate in office after all of this mess caused by the Republicans
they don't deserve to even have a party at all. This should be the
easiest election yet as anything would be better than another
Republican president".

It's gonna be interesting.

Robert