Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Daneliuk Tim Daneliuk is offline

Default O/T: We've Come a LONG Way

Robatoy wrote:
On Jun 5, 1:50 am, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
[snipped most of old-hat post]

The 'head of state' in almost all cases, is someone who the money-
lenders 'allow' to be their spokesman and figure head. Bush was such a
puppet. There have been many more before him and there will a new one
this coming November. I refer to the true power as money-lenders
because I like the euphemism and it encapsulates both the greed and a
bit of historical reference to what happened to them when Jesus went
postal on them and overturned their tables.

You obviously haven't read much history or at least don't understand
it very well. Before the creation of banking, capital formation,
and money lending, humanity lived in abject misery. You live
better than the very richest person on the entire planet just
a few hundred years ago, let alone before the advent of banking.
As capital formation moved from being tribal to becoming mercantile
to eventually becoming capitalism as practiced today, you can
see a parallel improvement in more and more lives of the people
of each of these eras. In short, your objection to the money
lenders is silly, ad hominem and utterly without merit until/unless
the practice fraud, force, or threat.

What you got here, is the failure for the peoples to understand that
nothing has changed. The power is still within the castle walls and
all we have accomplished, is the change of the names of the burden/tax
that we as 'serfs' are having extorted from us.

You are smoking crack. Nothing has changed? Since when. There
has been more change for the positive in the past 100 years all
over this planet than the past 10,000 years of recorded history.

"Give your money to us, you'll feel safer because we can obliterate
that bad guy over that hill there.....oh, there isn't one... we'll
bloody well MAKE/MAKE-BIGGER-THAN-WHAT-HE-REALLY-IS an enemy." BOOGA
BOOGA... come here, give me half of what you've got and you'll sleep
better at night."

Again, you must be hitting the pipe. You desperately need to read
a good volume on world history. There are - on the whole - *fewer*
wars today than ever, certainly insofar as the West participates.
(The various tribal sewers around the world manage to maintain
a tradition of constant warfare, but they are footnotes on the
larger stage of the planet.)

And when we look up at that castle wall, knowing the privileged ones
are having caviar, we don't mind, they're keeping us safe.

And here we see your class bigotry. Since you are evidently not
of one of the privileged class, you hate them. Could it be because
you feel inadequate in that you cannot accomplish what they have?

They're screwing us, and we like it. We like it so much, that we drape
ourselves in our flags, being a union Jack, Maple Leaf or Stars and
Stripes.

Sheer lunacy. Those flags represent more freedom and opportunity
for more people over the span of their existence than any other
single human culture before. Yes, all three of these nations
have had their naughty moments, but they are minor in the large
context of human history. Slavery? The West was involved for
300-400 years, but Africa has an unbroken tradition of slaving
*to this day*. Violence, war, and murder? It's been part of
every culture including the three nations you cite. But in each
of those nations it has been a diminishing activity for decades.

And when we look up at the castle walls, and word comes down that
'those people' on the other side of the forest have something the
Knights/our protectors want/need, we're happy to get it for them,
because they love us and keep us safe.

We have been had, people, We've been bullshat. We've been
Bilderbuggered. [sic as it is]

Soooooo...
Tim said:
We have seen the enemy and he is us...

Whatcha gonna do about it Tim? Any suggestions?

Continue to point out the manifest evil of people like Clinton and
Obama.

P.S. "Tolerance" is a goal for fools. Honesty, integrity, beauty,
and truth are the goals for grown ups. Tolerance is for people
who dread being held to account for their actions and views and
resort to tolerating everything as a countermeasure.

Just like you tolerate being enslaved.

I am not enslaved by the wealthy, the money lenders, the military,
and all the rest of your hobby horse enemies. I am enslaved - to
the extent that I am - by my fellow citizens. People like you
who are the beneficiaries of free markets, capitalism, and personal
liberty, but who now wish to turn their backs on these things because
the outcomes aren't equal enough to suit them. I don't fear the
government anywhere near as much as I fear arguments like yours -
that wealth is inherently evil, that power is one vast conspiracy,
and that banking is the instrument of oppression. You're views
are terrifying because - to the extent that people believe these
insane notions - they will turn their backs on the very things
that actually keep them relatively free.

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/