Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lew Hartswick Lew Hartswick is offline

Default Application of algebra

Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
Lew Hartswick writes:

Martin H. Eastburn wrote:

A lot of people use the touchy feely mode of placement/design.

Martin

Those are called " Artists" . :-)

Oddly, a commercial artist I know (see http://www.bobdiven.com/) is
extremely good at practical engineering and fabrication. His
trebuchet (and performance as "Ratcatcher Robert" -- he refers to the
trebuchet as a ratapult, and gives a brief lecture on the history of
bubonic plague) is a high point of the annual Rennaisance Craftfaire
here in town, and last I heard from him he was working on building a
replica biplane (from plans, not his own design -- and no, I don't
remember the model).

Well he isn't a "REAL" artist. :-) Like a few I know. :-)
...lew...