Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Daneliuk Tim Daneliuk is offline

Default O/T: We've Come a LONG Way

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Yesterday's events served to document how far we have come as a
people.

A woman and a black(mulatto) man seeking the highest office in the
USA.

How many would have though it possible even 3 years ago?

I suggest not many.

I'm old enough to remember when Eisenhower sent the troops into Little
Rock.

I'm old enough to remember telling my daughter (Obama's age) that if
she got grades twice as good as her brothers, worked twice as hard as
they did, she would probably earn half as much money.

Fair? Hell no, but the "glass ceiling" existed in corporate America in
those days.

Things aren't perfect, but they are improving.

Regardless of how the election shakes out this November, we as a
people will have demonstrated just how much tolerance we have learned,
and how it has made us better for it.

Lew

You bet. Here's what we've "demonstrated":

1) That a craven, self-interested politician without the remotest shred of
personal decency (Hillary) will put personal ambition and lust for
power before integrity and love of country.

2) That a corrupt, slick snakeoil salesman (Obama) will don the vernier
of civility and make latent their race baiting to attempt the ascent to power.

3) That integrity, honor, and love of country are now trumped by feeble
contra-Constitutional agendas of political correctness, impossible
outcome management, and general intellectual fantasy

You think Bush was bad? You'll beg for him back if Obama is elected.
Personally, I see no reason to work hard if an increasing portion of
my work product is redirected to crack whores, tribal Africans
immersed in genocide, government funded abortions, and funding the
further decline of our intellectual and popular culture into sewage.
We have seen the enemy and he is us...

P.S. "Tolerance" is a goal for fools. Honesty, integrity, beauty,
and truth are the goals for grown ups. Tolerance is for people
who dread being held to account for their actions and views and
resort to tolerating everything as a countermeasure. I will happily
vote for a woman or an ethnic minority when one worthy of my
vote appears. The two candidates in question are not - they are
the very bottom of the political sewer. I have the misfortune
of having Obama as one of my US Senators. I regularly stand in
awe that a graduate of one of the finest laws schools in the country
seems to not have even a passing acquaintance of its Constitution,
foundational laws, and traditions.

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/