Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet[_2_] James Sweet[_2_] is offline

Default Please need help about 2708 eprom...

JA wrote:
"RFI-EMI-GUY" ha scritto nel messaggio
I need to have an obsolete 2708 eprom programmer-reader..

Try googling for 2708's.

Yes i'm doing this in the last 2 months!

Also;
The Dataman page says theirs do 2708's. Very pricey. I would research all
models that claim to do 2708's and go to e-bay and pick up a unit.

Exaclty! I'm monitorizing ebay.com ebay.de ebay.fr and ebay.it

But no luck, just modern type eprom , from 2716 and up!

Willem might work if you make up an adapter to supply the -5V and
translate the pins.

You also may be able to adapt a more modern eprom to the task, I've done
this with RAM chips, disconnecting the -5V and adding a jumper to make
newer 4164 RAM chips work in place of the original chips on Williams
game boards. I've adapted Dallas battery backed SRAMs to replace various
obsolete writable memory chips too.