Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] mwbrown42@gmail.com is offline

Default Radial Arm Saw Table - Help, please

Great idea LRod, I've made a note about your toggle clamp idea.

My local tool store - Outlet Tool Supply in Atascadero, CA - is having
its yearly blowout sale on Saturday and now I know I'll be walking out
with some goodies. Well, that and a bandsaw resaw blade, and ....

Mike Brown

On Jun 3, 8:43 am, LRod wrote:
On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 21:36:08 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
All good points Larry and I have put some thought into them.

I was planning on adding a fence which will be tightened down with
wingnuts or something, through oblong holes, allowing for a certain
amount of freedom of alignment.

One of the ideas I've had for a redesign of my old Sears RAS (while
not quite as old as yours, it's a similar construction), is to replace
the wing bolt/key (which clamps the fence parts to the main table from
behind--those with Sears RASes will know what I mean) with horizontal
toggle clamps. I even picked up a pair at Woodcraft a while back. I
still think it'll be a nice adaptation (and convenient). You might
want to give that a thought.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.nethttp://www.normstools.com

care to correspond with you anyway.