Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Lead solder used on water pipes

AJH wrote:
On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 12:48:55 +0100, Peter Parry
wrote:

lead in drinking water remains a relatively small source
for lead in humans.

What are the significant sources now we have unleaded petrol?

AJH

I have to ask whether using grey water collected from lead flashed roofs
could contribute significant lead to, say, the vegetable plot?

In cattle (apparently - for I certainly didn't know this):

"Feed contamination is also a potential problem, indeed contaminated
rice bran from Burma was the primary source of the last major outbreak
of lead poisoning in the UK in 1989."

http://www.thecattlesite.com/diseaseinfo/217/lead-poisoning

--
Rod