Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Ironwood (Lignum Vitae)

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 14:58:30 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Hopefully, mac will be along shortly...

Robert

Or lowly... ;-]

Seems like you either have too much ironwood or none down here..
Had folks giving my large chunks and small branches for a while, now I have the
word out that I'll BUY pieces or a trunk, and no wood..
I'm still felling really stupid for not trading my Jet mini for the 8' tree
trunk the guy offered my..
Just sold most of my ironwood pieces and now know that I could have made at
least $1,000 worth of stuff out of that trunk... DUH!

I hated to do it, but bought an ironwood dolphin in town and ran it through the
lathe for pen blanks..
It was $12 and I got 6 pen blanks and a few stopper blanks out of it.. works for
me but I hate to destroy someone else's art.

OTOH, I guess I really don't care what folks do with my stuff after they buy it,
as long as they buy it..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing