Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_2_] Hawke[_2_] is offline

Default Application of algebra

Knowing trig will help you a lot more Iggy,

Understanding the power of a right triangle, and learning a few

multipliers
derived from some common angles like the 30, 45 and 60 degrees will make

you
look like a magician.

I totally agree with you.

Okay, so you found something where some higher mathematics actually was
worth knowing. I've never had any situation where higher mathematics was
needed. I'll wager that the vast majority of people will agree that they
have never used it either. I hear that in China and some other countries
they make students take calculus every year in high school. So I'm wondering
exactly what are all these people going to use this mathematics for once
they get out in the real world. Engineers and a few other occupations
excepted, I can't see what teaching that kind of math would be good for
since over 95% of occupations don't use it for anything.

Hawke