Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Range clock - Disconnect it!

Pipedown wrote

This guy is years ahead of his time.

Nope.

Someday we will all be scraping the bottom of the savings barrel this fastidiously.

Nope.

Well at least I hope not. By the time the oil really runs out, we should be getting most of our electricity from
various green sources.

The vast bulk of our electricity doesnt come from oil, it comes from coal,
and even if we stop doing that because of the CO2 produced by that
approach, we'll be using nukes instead, not 'various green sources'

Bill wrote

The clock on my range has never kept correct time, yet it keeps
running and using electricity. (Small amount, but many little things
like this can add up.)

So I pulled my electric range out from the wall, unplugged it, and
disconnected the clock. (Only do this if you know what you are doing.)

I already have many electronic things on power strips and turn off the power strips when not in use. These things use
electricity all the time...