Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
pipedown pipedown is offline

Default Range clock - Disconnect it!

This may seem extreme to most of us living on the grid but if one were to be
living off the grid maybe using solar and batteries, this kind of stuff
makes a measurable difference. For that matter if you have a gas range and
it only needs 110V, you could put it on a wall switch and avoid modifying
the range.

I can't imagine the OP with an electric range but for some reason he
evidently does. For newer ranges with electronic controls, this would not
be possible as the clock is integrated into all the controls.

"Bill" wrote in message
The clock on my range has never kept correct time, yet it keeps running
and using electricity. (Small amount, but many little things like this can
add up.)

So I pulled my electric range out from the wall, unplugged it, and
disconnected the clock. (Only do this if you know what you are doing.)

I already have many electronic things on power strips and turn off the
power strips when not in use. These things use electricity all the time...