Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus27711 Ignoramus27711 is offline

Default Application of algebra

On 2008-06-02, Bob La Londe wrote:
"Ignoramus27711" wrote in message

Do you remember

A^2 + B^2 = C^2

Pick any two and calculate the third. I used to use it all the time in my
dad's hardware store to calculate how much guy wire somebody needed to
support an antenna tower. Same principle, different application.

Yes. It is good to remember some common multipliers, like for 45
degrees.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/