Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] spamTHISbrp@yahoo.com is offline

Default Application of algebra

On Jun 2, 12:45 pm, Ignoramus27711 ignoramus27...@NOSPAM.
27711.invalid wrote:
So someone and I were designing a base with casters for a cold saw.

The design was to have an angle iron piece to go underneath the
saw, to support the saw, extend outside the saw, then have standoffs
and a horizontal piece to hold the caster.

========= ==========
~~O~~ !!________________!! ~~O~~

The question was how to calculate what height of standoff we needed
("!!" on the diagram)

That was actually an algebra equation such as

1/2" ground clearance + 1/4" angle thickness + standoff height = 4"
caster height.

or 1/2 + 1/4 + X = 4

or

x + 3/4 = 4

or x = 3 1/4

The point is, knowing algebra helps with metalworking

iwww.algebra.com

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/

You support Al-Gebra?