Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Bill[_9_] Bill[_9_] is offline

Default Range clock - Disconnect it!

"Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply" wrote in message
Bill wrote:

So I pulled my electric range out from the wall, unplugged it, and
disconnected the clock. (Only do this if you know what you are doing.)

So now you can't use the oven timer, right?

Right I can't use the oven timer. BUT I am no Julia Child! I have burned
boiled chicken. In other words I would never use an oven timer nor would I
ever use the clock on a range.

By the way my electric bill last month was $32. This is because of doing
many little things like the above, buying new Energy Star appliances (use
less energy), use compact fluorescent light bulbs everywhere, use woodstove
for heating, have beefed up insulation on house, installed Energy Star
windows, and turn off power to electronic things when not in use (with power
strip).