Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Jeff[_7_] Jeff[_7_] is offline

Default Range clock - Disconnect it!

snip
At least some printers also consume a little power when "off".
Supposedly, some of those perform a cleaning operation (with some ink
consumption) when power is applied/restored.

I think that's common. And ink costs more than electricity.

I've just dumped my Epson, which consumed vast amounts of ink during
cleaning cycles, for an HP which recycles the ink back into the
cartridge. I don't mind turning my HP off, although it appears to have a
switch mode power supply.

HP has spent a large fortune on printer technology lately and the big
print shops are using HP's.

Jeff

- Don Klipstein )