Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default electric stun fish

"nick hull" wrote in message
In article ,
Ken Sterling wrote:

http://www.niwa.cri.nz/rc/instrumentsystems/efish

I'm not even going to ask their price. I can see its too expensive.
Anybody
know how to make one of these?

Karl

How 'bout the transformer for igniting an oil furnace??? I dunno,
110v input probably 'bout 12,000 out??? Electrode on each side of the
pond.....
Ken.

How about an ignition coil from a car? Cheap and will work with 12 vdc.
Just add a vibrator to the input or do it manually

How about if you just take two aluminum boats, clamp a long jumper cable to
each one, and run a long extension cord to a 440 V transformer?

You'd need rubber floor mat and seat cushion for each boat, of course. And a
couple of wooden oars to make sure the boats don't touch. You might want to
check the fillings in your teeth, too, to make sure you don't still have
some old silver ones in there...and be sure your life insurance benefits
still are assigned to the right person...

d8-)

--
Ed Huntress