Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Range clock - Disconnect it!

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
On 6/1/2008 3:27 PM Rod Speed spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote

and when added together constitute a significant fraction of energy usage.

And the clock he stupidly disconnected doesnt.

The point is that if the clock isn't serving any useful purpose, then
disconnecting it to save electricity (an admittedly small amount,

Too small an amount to bother about for anyone by a mindless anal obsessive.

You're missing the point, my friend. You're thinking "how much money will
someone save on their electric bill by disconnecting a clock?" (the answer to
which is, of course, practically nothing). I'm talking about the *collective*
energy usage of all those millions of clocks, wall warts, etc., plugged in out
there.

I suspect that many wall-warts waste way more power that the electric clock in
an old oven.