Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
George George is offline

Default Range clock - Disconnect it!

Anthony Matonak wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote:
David Nebenzahl wrote:

A guy here at UC Berkeley has done research showing that all these
things--wall warts, devices that power LEDs, etc.--use a trememdous
amount of electricity when added up.

No kidding! But if the clock is disconnected can't do timed use of oven!

How many people use the timer on an oven? What kinds of food can
you leave in an oven for many hours without it going bad on you?

Anthony

I don't believe ovens have had delayed start for a long time due to
safety reasons but most have cooking length timers. We use ours all of
the time mainly as a reminder when to remove the food. But it wouldn't
be a major deal if it didn't have a timer because there are lots of
inexpensive windup or electronic timers that could be substituted.