Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Range clock - Disconnect it!

"Anthony Matonak" wrote in message
Tony Hwang wrote:
David Nebenzahl wrote:

A guy here at UC Berkeley has done research showing that all these
things--wall warts, devices that power LEDs, etc.--use a trememdous
amount of electricity when added up.

No kidding! But if the clock is disconnected can't do timed use of oven!

How many people use the timer on an oven? What kinds of food can
you leave in an oven for many hours without it going bad on you?

Anthony

You, apparently, have never met my wife. If it is in the refrigerator or in
the oven, the term "shelf life" does not apply because mysterious physics
surrounding both. It will magically last forever, or change color and
texture to become some new food.

Or, at least that's what she says.

I finally had to say, "If you can't tell me how old this is, I'm not going
to eat it."

I still have to say that a lot.

Her mother is worse.

Steve