Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
dpb dpb is offline

Default Range clock - Disconnect it!

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message
And, of course, by disconnecting the range clock you've also disabled the
auto-on/off feature...

As an aside, it would seem quite unusual for a wall-sourced electric clock
to not be pretty accurate since grid frequency is normally pretty precise.
--

The clock in our old range stopped working 10 years ago but it was still
right twice a day. New range has no clock, no electronics, no circuit

OTOH, the clock in our (roughly 25 yr old) range still functions as
accurately as any in the house (including the electric which dates from
1948 when we first got grid REA power). I'm quite certain my wife would
not do w/o the auto-start feature and am even more certain she'd never
accept black.