Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default 220-440v transformer

Lew Hartswick wrote:

The primaries are wound next tothe core with secondaries on top
so reversing the windings will do that.
We are talking about E I laminated cores.
...lew...

Ah, I seem to remember that the primary on my Sansui 8080db receiver was the
first winding. Sure didn't care for having to rewind the darn thing, damn
idiot they moved into my room in the barracks saw a stereo that was
unplugged and just had to plug it in. Power transistors were out due to
failure and the leads to them were loose. D*ckhead managed to fry the
transformer.

Not sure where the First Sergeant transferred this jerk to, hope it sucked.

Wes