Posted to alt.home.repair
Jack Jack is offline

Default PVC pipe glue question

On Jun 1, 7:42 am, "Paul O." wrote:
Yesterday I was running a small amount of pvc pipe for another faucet. I was
using an older can of pipe cement(glue) and after getting abot 80% of the
job done, I for some reason looked at the bottom of the can. The use by date
is '06', but the glue seemed to be fine. I'm wondering now if I should get a
new can and start over and re-do what I've got done or if the glue will hold
just fine. Thanks.

--
Paul O.

As long as it was useable I think you'll find it will work just fine.
I've used it years old and when it got thick I thinned it with lacquer
thinner and all went well.. I think they put those dates on so people
will spend more money. You know the usual American, RIP OFF