Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default I got to touch and feel it!

"Robatoy" wrote in message

There is no doubt in my mind that I would invest in that Kpax saw if I
was doing trim-work as a specialty.
My LS 1013 Makita gets me by just fine for those jobs I do, but if I
didn't already own this fine saw, I'd probably talk myself into a
Festool.

Actually one of the current WW magazines has a comparison test of the SCMS's
and the Kpex naturally won. There were something like 10 categories that it
was top in, except or 2 or 3. A Makita came in as Best Bet and while the
comparison was not neck and neck I think the 2.6 times increase in price
over the Makita was the Festool's problem in loosing out.

IF I was going to buy a SCMS I probably would not buy the Festool simply
from a justification of price point of view. If some one gave me one I'd
thought I had won the lottery.