Posted to alt.home.repair
sid sid is offline

Default Basement receptacles GFI ... what about broken receptacles tocontrol lighting ?

On May 31, 5:25*pm, "John Grabowski" wrote:
"sid" wrote in message

If I wire the basement with GFI receptacles, is there anyway that the
receptacle can be broken so that one half of the duplex could be used
to control lighting in the room ?

Thanks

I'm not sure what you are asking here. *There is a combination device made
which is half GFI receptacle and half single pole switch.

Typical duplex receptacles can be broken to provide one receptacle
that is hot all the time and anther controlled by a remote switch.
(common practice). Now can I do that with a GFI duplex receptacle ?