Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Basement receptacles GFI ... what about broken receptacles to control lighting ?

On Sat, 31 May 2008 18:25:06 -0400, "John Grabowski"
wrote:

"sid" wrote in message
If I wire the basement with GFI receptacles, is there anyway that the
receptacle can be broken so that one half of the duplex could be used
to control lighting in the room ?

Thanks

I'm not sure what you are asking here. There is a combination device made
which is half GFI receptacle and half single pole switch.

He wants one which is half GFI and half controlled by a switch. He
probably wants that half to be GFI also. Like a normal receptacle
can be split into two halves.

OP, I think the word "broken" is misleading. You mean split into to,
not "inoperable".