Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Andy Champ Andy Champ is offline

Default Electric cars a step nearer mainstream?

Jules wrote:
On Thu, 29 May 2008 20:56:36 +0100, Andy Hall wrote:
Electricity would seem to be a sensible choice. We don't after all use
electric heaters to heat petrol cars in winter do we?

The Nordics do.

What, heaters whilst running? (electric engine block heaters are very
common here - plug into the mains a while before you need to use the car,
as otherwise there's just no way it's going to start in mid-winter. I've
not heard of someone using an electric heater to warm the passenger cabin
whilst moving, though)

Yes. Little fan heaters.

Mind, that was in Helsinki in January...

Andy