Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Cutting Vinyl Siding?

On May 31, 5:22*am, "Ken S. Tucker" wrote:
On May 30, 1:49 pm, "Colbyt" wrote:

"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in ...

I have a pair of "aviation" snips, which are slightly
serrated, that I use for tin snips, I suppose I'll give
them a try, and if that's a problem, stick a Skil
saw with a backward plywood blade on the bottom
of a table.
Ken

Ken those snips that you have are great for cutting the nailing flange.

The blade is too short to provide a clean cut when cutting the face of the
board or to protect you hand.

A decent set of siding snips will run $25 or less. *Here is a link;http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...ductId=6226-26...

Well they're sexy looking!

The longer blade protects the cut and the longer handle protects you hand.

--
Colbyt
Please come visit *www.househomerepair.com

Nice site Mr.Colbyt.
I'm a mediocre tradesman, wife and I just built this
lttle cabin,http://www.flickr.com/photos/dynamics/
Ken

I speak from experience. The smaller the project, the more trimming
you do and about the 3rd time you carry a piece to the saw for
trimming you will be thinking 'that pair of shears sure would be nice
now'.

Harry K