Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair

Default Fake Square D Circuit Breakers (RECALL)

In article ,
writes:
In alt.engineering.electrical Andrew Gabriel wrote:
| There have been warnings in the UK about counterfeits being found
| in other parts of Europe (but not as yet in the UK, AFAIK). A picture
| in a trade magazine shows one of them opened up. There are no overcurrent
| parts inside, and the toggle is just a plain switch.

How many people ever test the overcurrent aspect, anyway? I'm guessing one
of these must have failed somewhere somehow to have gotten noticed.

AFAIK, they were discovered by manufacturers investigating how
their products were turning up on the market too cheaply and
undercutting the official distributors.

--
Andrew Gabriel