Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dallas Dallas is offline

Default Absurd, right? The 30 foot phone line

"Dave Platt" wrote in message

I really do think you should do the "take the DSL modem out to the
demarc and test with a short, good cable" test

Just an FYI update for anyone following my DSLHell adventures:

Test site:
http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest?loc=1&premium=

I took the modem outside to the Telco box and connected it to the NID on a
12" flat silver cable and ran a 50' CAT6 Ethernet cable to the computer.
Results:
Upstream: 1910
Downstream: 644

Connected the modem to the house phone outlet.
Results:
Upstream: 1519
Downstream: 638

(I used many more sites and tests but they generally came out the same.)

So... I gotta think my inside wiring is not so bad. Now I guess I have to
depend on the guys in India to unravel the problem. :- (

Dallas