Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Absurd, right? The 30 foot phone line

In article ,
Meat Plow wrote:
I wonder what parameters they measure that the router test prog can't?

Don't know. My modem is a Speedstream 5130 and separate from my pc by a
router so I can't access that data.

Don't see why a router should make any difference to that.

However I would have to assume the tech's diagnostics dove deeper into it
as he was on the phone with another tech. He also had some pager device
that gave him a security code via satellite to allow him to log into
whatever he logged into using my connection.

All you can really test is the line status. Everything after it depends on
so many variables.

--
*You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.