Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Absurd, right? The 30 foot phone line

In article ,
Meat Plow wrote:
When I had some problems with noise in the signal here at home, ATT sent
a tech out with his laptop and diagnosed it from this end of the DSLAM.
He was also able to tell me what I could expect speed-wise from this
end. It was interesting looking at the diagnostics on the carrier side
of the signal as I could see why 1.5 Kb/sec was my max in the way of
error correction and retransmissions again, on the carrier side of the
signal. Do they no longer offer this? Do you know it takes some time for
the modem to negotiate or "train" but in your case a week is too long.

I wonder what parameters they measure that the router test prog can't?

--
*24 hours in a day ... 24 beers in a case ... coincidence? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.