Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus23731 Ignoramus23731 is offline

Default 220-440v transformer

On 2008-05-30, Dave August wrote:
Iggy,

Transformers are generaly "bi-directional" but work better in the
direction they were designed for.

I would try and get "full power" out of one backwards but it will
work. I've used 110-220 both ways and don "squirly" things with old
70Volt audio transformers.

What I am afraid, is that out of this 440-220 transformer, I would get
not 440v, but maybe 420 volts.

Should be easy enough to check.
You also ought to be able to change the taps around to get plus or minus
five percent or so on the output.
I'm assuming a three phase IO here.

Just one phase.

posting on Usenet.