Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Best paint color for a Wilton machinist vise

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that Gunner
wrote on Thu, 29 May 2008 09:37:37
-0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Wed, 28 May 2008 20:32:25 -0400, "Steve W."
wrote:

Ignoramus17335 wrote:
I am going to repaint a couple of Wilton machinist vises (400 and 500
series bullet vises)

What color would you say be the best? grey (as in galvanizing paint)
or red on top of it?

Fuchsia... That way it stands out...

McFadden Plaid. I think you can get a can from the UK without much
trouble.

MacStine (Of Clan Destine fame) makes an interesting camouflage
paint. They're near Fifth of Forth in the lower Highlands of
Scotland. Near the distillery, they are.

tschus
pyotr

Dinnae ask how I kenn, or I'll be having to paint ye purple (we be all
out o' green.)

--
pyotr filipivich
"I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed