Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y

Default Electric cars a step nearer mainstream?

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 29 May 2008 17:11:39 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

Yep, I accept that and we already do. It's to far to go for a trip to a
decent cinema, the theatre or even a good indian restaurant.

We have access to many, never use them though ...

Your choice, I doubt we would use a cinema more than once a year, theatre
perhaps a little more often. I'm the one who misses a good indian
restaurant, SWMBO'd doesn't like anything "spicy".

But it's far better living here than on an anonymous estate where you
don't even see your neighbours 10 yards away let alone know them.

What an odd idea you have of other people's lives :-)

BTDTGTTS used to live on an modernish estate, end of a small close. Knew
the neighbours one side, and one family across the close. Saw the 50% of
the others very occasionally as they went from front door to car or vice
versa. The others never saw them at all. Similarly in a block converted
into 14 flats, I could only recognise about 5 other people who lived in
the block. I put it down to modern urban living, no one has any time, they
are all too busy rushing about, chasing some advertisers image of dream
home.

The more people there are about, the less you naturally want to engage
with them.

We hit the Chelsea flower show last week and I was just about ready to
start screaming as I couldnt walk an inch without bumping into someone
or elbowing or being elbowed out of the way.

Most days here, I dont actually see ANYONE apart from my wife and the
postman.

And that's only if there is a parcel to be signed for.