Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair

Default Fake Square D Circuit Breakers (RECALL)

In article ,
"RBM" writes:

"dpb" wrote in message ...
RBM wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message ...
RBM wrote:
Bud, has there been any determination that these counterfeit, breakers
are not made to the same specs as any other QO?
No non-counterfeit recalls are there?

--I read that there weren't any incidents with the counterfeit breakers,
so I'm wondering if they are not in fact, the same

Then how did they get a recall for failure to trip? If there were no
instances of failing to trip?

I can see making them retract them as counterfeits but that's not the
baliwick of CPSC; that would be a legal thingie as near as I can tell.

And, of course, they could well be "made to the same spec's" but that's
not _quite_ the same thing as performing to the same spec.

OK, that's not what I heard. All I heard was that there were counterfeits
that were being recalled, once identified, but nothing about failing to trip

There have been warnings in the UK about counterfeits being found
in other parts of Europe (but not as yet in the UK, AFAIK). A picture
in a trade magazine shows one of them opened up. There are no overcurrent
parts inside, and the toggle is just a plain switch.

--
Andrew Gabriel